Friday, September 25, 2009

Insight

I used to wish I could be on the inside looking out.
When I was sleeping in the backseat of an abandoned car in Bentonville I used to travel to Fayetteville to relish in a free meal on Dickson Street at either the Episcopal Church or Central Methodist.
As I sat alone I wondered what it would be like to know these people as friends.
Alas, now I wonder why I ever wanted to be one of those people who frequent the meals everyday.
I'm tired of the same old humdrum existence.
I'm belaboring the same old stale routine.
I desire change!
The insider's viewpoint ain't what I had hoped it would be.
I'm not clairvoyant.
I'm not possessed by the sixth sense of perception.
I'm enlightened but filled with ennui and angst.
I want to change the world but I need the patience and persistence I used to have when I was homeless alone in Bentonville.
The pastures aren't greener.
But I do have friends now and I'm anxiously awaiting a brighter day for all of my acquaintances.
I don't play the panhandler's game though.
I will never beg with an outstretched hand or hold up a sign saying I need help.
I want to be a part of the cure and not a part of the problem.
So, with God's help and with the help of his messengers we can make a difference in the lifestyles of the impoverished.
Please, lend a helping hand to my compatriots!!!
Thanks for listening.
Thanks for caring.
And most of all thanks for sharing!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment