Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Giddy

We all are seeking life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
Sometime the vicissitudes of life intrude on that pursuit. But a morose day becomes giddy when God intervenes.
Monday went from "Why me?" to Yippee skippy!
I sent an e-mail to the sports editor of the Arkansas Traveler and he responded for me to write a reminiscence column about the Arkansas-Texas A&M game Dec. 6, 1975.
I scurried to the Microfilm department at the UofA Mullins Library to complete my memories column.
Then I blitzed to the computer lab at the Fayetteville Blair Library to write the column.
Today Matt Watson took my mug shot so hopefully I'll be published again in the Traveler.
Thank God for godsends like Matt!
Through God, anything is possible.
Alas, a good friend Otis found out he needs further surgery in November.
Pray for him. He's a great man!

No comments:

Post a Comment