Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Amusement

Just when I was depressed for the umpteenth time about the condition of some of our apartments amusement intervened.
Yes, I'm still appalled that yesterday while leading RidAPest to spray for roaches I discovered much to my chagrin a broken window in an abandoned apartment.
So I trudged over there at 7 a.m. to clean up the broken glass on the carpet.
Ugh!!
I received a couple of cuts and frustratingly returned to my office.
Then, I started reading about the Russian spies who were recently arrested.
One of their 15-year-old neighbors quipped, "They couldn't have been spies. Look what they did with the hydrangeas."
And another funny retort was published in a column today.
Robert Welch of the John Birch Society accused President Dwight Eisenhower of being a Communist agent.
A conservative guru wryly said, "Ike's no Communist; he's a golfer."
I grew up during the Cold War era when Communism was the scariest threat to our American freedom and heritage.
At least some folks have a sense of humor.
Laughter is the best medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment