Monday, August 23, 2010

Don't worry, be happy

I'm an avid worrier.
When things don't go according to original plans, I fret.
I have a tinge of paranoia ingrained in my cranial attic.
But I've been blessed recently.
My prayers of contrition and seeking help on earth for my worries have been answered.
Last week a homeless man who I befriended once and let sleep on my couch one night returned to rent an apartment.
His grandfather passed last Christmas and his mother received a very healthful settlement.
Instead of giving him money, she told him she would pay for a year's rent.
So because of my benevolence he's returning the favor and will be paying $3,950 in pre-paid rent, plus pro-rated August rent, $15 application fee and $200 security deposit. That's $4,269 in one day.
Not bad for a rookie manager.
Maybe I'll be remembered for the sloppy manager who still manages to rent out apartments.
My gentle and agape spirit shines forth again.
This is definitely reciprocal altruism in action and reaction.
Bless the Lord and praise God for bestowing this very opportunistic venture on my door step.

No comments:

Post a Comment