Monday, August 2, 2010

Take a chance

"Some men see things as they are and say why? But I dream things that never were and say why not?"
Robert Kennedy borrowed that one from some other great thinker.
That scenario applies to me and Henry Ho.
Henry inquisitively approached me one morning after we had slept on the Ole Main lawn, and said, "I'd like to do something but I just don't know what to do."
I really didn't have an extravagant game plan to impart to him, nor did I foresee the future.
But a spark of hope came through when Henry took me and Bob Wright out to breakfast at The Rolling Pin.
Not only did that meal fill me up physically but it eventually filled me up spiritually.
"One man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed." -- Proverbs 11:23-24.
Indeed I gave freely when I was prospering and helping others cope with life.
But eventually poverty intervened.
Then a generous man aided me in my transformation from tent dwelling to an apartment manager's position.
So I'm refreshed thanks to the kindness of a Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment