Friday, February 26, 2010

hibernation

Some falsely believe the best way to cope with winter's depressing weather is to hibernate.
Cabin fever ensues.
When a friend loses her spouse she can either cope or mope.
Unfortunately my friend is moping instead of coping.
Or maybe that's really what's she trying to do, cope by mope.
Actually she's hibernating and watching DVDs all day long.
I don't know the cathartic correct response.
All I've really done is provide a heartfelt eulogy and then try and be a friend by being there if she wants to talk.
She's morose and not verbose.
I'm introspective and she's been trying to help me more than I've helped her.
But she's been a darling of a friend with her Aunt Jemima cooking and caring and sharing spirit.
I don't know her motivation but as Sigmund Freund observed, "What does woman want?"
About the only resolution I foresee is when we traverse to Southern Arkansas University on a recruiting trip for her son Courtney Haskell sometime in mid-March.
Hopefully that will fulfill some of her angst.
She's worried about the fruition of what her husband desired.
I know Berry wanted me to accompany them, so that's what Trina wants, too.
Last night she told me I always had a place to stay.
She told me she would help me if she could.
I need to find a job so I can continue to help her with a tidbit of rent money.
Pray for her and help me find the right words to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment