Saturday, December 19, 2009

blessings

The blessings of Christmas were overwhelming this week.
Friends gave me some money during a luncheon engagement Wednesday.
That was well appreciated.
Then, unbelievably someone came up to me at the Razorbacks game Wed. night and asked me if I had written an article in the newspaper. I told him I had a letter to the editor published and he said "I'm proud of you." and handed me $40.
So, Thursday and Friday nights I stayed hibernated in the Motel Six.
I had vowed not to spend my money on motel rooms this year, but since the money was donated I splurged.
And I started walking to the library.
A friend Danny Farmer saw me walking and gave me a ride to the library.
He told me to give him a call if I needed a warm place to sleep.
He said he wouldn't do it for anyone else but me.
So, I'm blessed.
Another friend is going to take me out to eat prior to the Razorback game today.
God Bless everyone during the Yuletide season.
I just wish I could reciprocate.
Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment