Wednesday, December 2, 2009

sleeping

Some might wonder how a homeless person endures the winter weather conditions.
Actually once you're sound asleep and have a very warm sleeping bag it's not as frigid as it sounds.
On the flip side it's uncomfortable when one has to commune with Mother Nature, so to speak.
The main worry is critters but now that it's winter weather the bugs are gone.
The main scenario is to find a hidden spot so human critters won't interfere. Many have stuff stolen whenever too many people discover your whereabouts.
But I've learned not to waste my money on a motel room like I used to do.
It's better to just rough it and endure and save your money for another day.
Also, it helps to have friends who don't mind you sleeping at their pad.
My friends in Bentonville told me this week they want me to pay them $25 a week or $100 a month. I guess I'll have to pay them $50 every time I get money directly deposited.
I knew sooner or later the free room and board would come crashing down on me.
They are also avidly awaiting when my food stamps kick in again.
I just hope they oblige and pay me what they're worth.
In Bentonville there are no free lunches like in Fayetteville.

No comments:

Post a Comment