Saturday, November 28, 2009

moving

When I started camping out with a friend on Markham Hill I never envisioned being evicted by the police.
I'm paranoid about the police and their overzealous pig-headed authoritative maneuvers.
They like to show off their macho ways sometimes and bully innocent people around.
Rather than succumb to their eviction notice, I found the road less traveled and moved.
Thanks to Mike and Ryan Rusch I relocated to another isolated spot.
I just am tired of the mental fatigue and worries associated with police eviction convictions.
So, some might say I'm a coward and afraid of dealing with the police.
But I did not appreciate being awakened at 1:30 a.m. and told I was trespassing on private property.
I don't know who owns the land I'm slumbering on right now, but I'm going to be stealthy and sneak in late at night and early in the morning skulk out.
I left my tent standing at Duane's camp site, so the door is open for moving back if the police don't oust my friend from his comfort zone.
It was humorous when my tent was being disassembled when Duane said, "I'm going to miss this tent because of the skunks."
To paraphrase Bob Dylan, "Everyone must get skunked!"
Not sprayed!
Just someday when you least expect it wake up and find a skunk roaming around in your bedroom.
What would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment