Sunday, November 22, 2009

thanksgiving

Thanks to one and all for giving me assistance during some tumultous times.
I can't enumerate all of the generosity but my heart says thanks.
I get frustrated at my plight but someone always seems to rally support.
I've been invited to a friend's house for Thanksgiving dinner.
Hopefully by then I will have found a new place to dwell. I'm tired of the Heartbreak Hotel.
I plan on writing a letter to the editor of the NWA Times this week in regards to the double standards imposed on homeless individuals.
The Mayor Lioneld Jordan told me the reason police uproot tents is due to the land owner's protestations.
The police harassed us at 1:30 a.m. two and a half weeks ago and said we were infringing, trespassing on private property and didn't have permission to be there.
Lo and behold, Officer Bill Phelan admitted the land owner didn't have a grievance about our camping out on her property.
So, where's the beef?
The police are over zealous sometimes.
Let's trade places with them sometime and see who has a more caring heart. Me or them.
Nevertheless, Happy Thanksgiving!
Hope the holidays will be celebratory and not times for grieving over lost opportunities.
We're all in this together. I try and do my part to help out the homeless.
We have enough problems as it is. We don't need unmerciful harassment and threats.

No comments:

Post a Comment