Tuesday, November 17, 2009

cops

Why do police harass homeless individuals?
Why can't law-abiding citizens camp out in Fayetteville?
If property owners permit campers, why do the police harass us?
Ours is to ask why.
Does the mayor of Fayetteville really care? Or was it a part of his platform to roust out the homeless?
Sometimes we all must bow down on our knees and seek forgiveness.
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
OK. I forgive the skunk Pepe LePew for trespassing in my tent.
But I'm really not criminally trespassing because the land owner said she had no problems with us camping on Markham Hill.
I'm very frustrated by the police harassment we're receiving.
I had hoped to be a bell ringer for the Salvation Army and accumulate enough money to afford housing.
But at the orientation meeting they said we must abide by the assignment they give us. If we can't then we don't need to continue to apply.
I have to be at Bud Walton Arena at 4 p.m. Friday and that's the first day bell ringers will be at their kettle stations.
So, bye, bye to the bell ringing dream.
Bah, humbug.

No comments:

Post a Comment