Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thanksgiving

Happy Turkey Day!
Gobble, gobble, gobble.
Indeed next week folks in Fayetteville will have the opportunity to gobble all week long.
On Tuesday the Central United Methodist Church is serving a Thanksgiving meal at 11:30 a.m.
On Wednesday St. Paul's Episcopal Church is serving turkey and dressing and all of the trimmings.
On Thursday Wiggins Methodist Church is serving breakfast and the Salvation Army is serving Thanksgiving Dinner.
On Friday Seven Hills Homeless Center is serving Thanksgiving dinner.
So we all have much to be thankful for!
I have lots of people I need to thank for giving me shelter from the storms of homelessness, but most of them desire anonymity.
So I'll just thank them when I send out Christmas cards.
I'm still disconcerted about being evicted on Nov. 29.
I don't know exactly the scenario but I'll just go with the flow or flow with the go, whatever.
Nevertheless, Happy Thanksgiving Day to one and all.
I couldn't have survived the vicissitudes of 2009 without loving and caring and sharing friends and accomplices.
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year. Yada, yada, yada.

No comments:

Post a Comment