Tuesday, November 24, 2009

suffering

I often wonder why God is making me suffer.
I found inspiration in MacArthur Bible Companion. I'm not plagiarizing. I'm quoting.
1. There are matters going on in heaven with God that believers know nothing about; yet, they dramatically affect their lives.
2. Even the best effort at explaining the issues of life can be useless.
3. God's people do suffer. Bad things happen all the time to good people, so one cannot judge a person's spirituality by his painful circumstances or successes.
4. Even though God seems far away, perserverance in faith is a most noble virtue since God is good and one can safely leave his life in His hands.
5. The believer in the midst of suffering should not abandon God, but draw near to Him, so out of the fellowship can come the comfort -- even without the explanation.
6. Suffering may be intense, but it will ultimately end for the righteous and God will bless abundantly.
I find solace and contemplative wisdom here.
I often wondered why I was homeless and suffering.
I chose to believe that God had a divine purpose in my life. To enlighten those who cared to listen and discern about homelessness.
No one can understand how it feels until one has lived the life of a homeless individual.
No one can understand until one has had a skunk invade one's tent.
No one can understand until one has had to spend time in jail for being homeless.
No one can understand until one has been evicted from one's camp site.
You've just gotta believe that God is testing you to see if you will come back to him and ask for guidance and perseverance.
Good things happen once you persevere and keep the faith.
Thank you God for your infinite wisdom and thanks for guiding me to these elements of the great theme of Job.

No comments:

Post a Comment