Friday, October 30, 2009

Downsizing

Whoever came up with the term downsizing sure was a stickler for government gobbledegook.
I know I misspelled that word atrociously but I'm depressed because some friends in the journalism realm got downsized Thursday.
I went to write an article and asked where Kent Marts was. His office door was closed and I was told he was in a meeting.
D-Day struck the Daily Record.
One of the reporters told me there would be several seats available at computers by the end of the day.
Sure enough after I finished my article one of the photographers had departed and the reporter was cleaning out his desk.
The merger of the newspapers in Northwest Arkansas promulgated the axe on some very hard-working journalists.
I just hope my friend Nate Allen survived, but I'm afraid he may have lost his position at the Northwest Arkansas Times because there weren't any articles by him in the paper this morning.
He did so much for me and he was so proud I got the job as an usher at football games.
But I haven't heard from him lately and that makes me leery.
It's a scary economy we're dealing with. Computers and the Internet have downsized newspapers.
I don't know if I'll be writing anymore because they may have trimmed their budgets.
It's just a time for thanking the Lord we even have a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment