Monday, October 12, 2009

frustration

Sometimes tempers flare when frustration boils over into overreaction.
After a near perfect weekend and the beginnings of a productive and enthralling week, I witnessed two individuals who let their tempers flare at Seven Hills this afternoon.
While mulling over the course of events which seemed to be progressive for me and looking ahead to how to better myself in the future, I saw two frustrated homeless guys get into a fight while we were being served hot dogs.
Obviously they were both enraged over not being able to find employment and vented their frustrations with some ill-advised scuffling.
Someone told me one of the guys kept jumping in line hither and yon and the other proceeded to bad mouth him. Eventually they jumped at each other.
One was evicted and the other left in a huff.
Some indigents develop a bad attitude and let it affect their behavior too much.
I heard of a more serious outbreak in a New York City soup kitchen line when a guy went to the front of the line and provoked a melee. Eventually the police showed up and everyone had to scamper out.
What's the meaning of this?
Some folks feel like the world is against them and they don't have any manners or morals.
For some it was a very wet and unfriendly weekend.
I heard the guy who provoked the fight say raccoons had ruined his tent and he's miserable trying to battle the elements.
I wish now I'd try to help him more, but my camping compadre has endured numerous nasty misadventures with other campers in the past and he's very persnickety about who shares his campsite.
Sunday night he secured a larger tent for a mutual friend and recruited a snuggly sleeping bag for himself.
Likewise a friendly lady donated two sleeping bags for my benefit. And she told me if it gets cold to come to her domain, but told me not to bring anyone else.
The benefits of being a nice guy and making a good impression on folks from the outset leads to other good deeds.
The moral of the story: Be nice and friendly with everyone. Don't let the frustrations of misfortune affect your life and create trauma drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment