Sunday, October 11, 2009

ushering

Arkansas ushered in a new era of football with the emergence of Ryan Mallett's throwing expertise.
Likewise, I ushered in a new adventuresome life style Saturday.
Hopefully this will lead me out of the woods and into a more prosperous milieu.
Thanks to former Razorback baseball coach Norm DeBriyn and long-time sportswriting friend Nate Allen I'm happily employed by the University of Arkansas as an usher at football games.
This has been a very exciting week capped by the Razorbacks' 44-23 conquest over Auburn.
I need to ascertain whether I can be an usher at basketball and/or baseball games.
In that eventuality I hope to save money in my bank account and plan for the future budgeting my money wisely.
Right now I have two invitations for winter housing.
My friends in Bentonville Trina and Berry Williams offered me a place to sleep on a pallet at their duplex.
Last night a lady told me I could stay at her apartment if it's cold or wet.
In the grand scheme of things, that's good for me, but I would really prefer everyone who's homeless could receive similar invitations.
Kent Marts, editor of the Daily Record, told me I could write anything I desired, but he advised me not to write about the skunk problem.
He would prefer an article about a homeless family in Bentonville as it preps for the cold weather upcoming.
That's going to be a challenge for me and the family who we end up documenting.
I hope to come to Bentonville on Thursday and meet some newfound friends and seek some advice on how to proceed on this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment