Saturday, June 12, 2010

Camping can be dangerous

Camping out ain't no fun when it's raining cats and dogs.
I endured the trauma drama of camping out, but never was it life threatening like Caddo Gap just dwelt with.
I can empathize with those who survived the horrible ordeal.
I had a friend call me from Michigan who had been watching CNN and its coverage of the ongoing tragedy.
It's spooky enough sleeping in a tent during a rainstorm, but we were atop Markham Hill and didn't have to worry about drowning.
Things did get rather damp, though.
We had a clothes line so we could dry out our clothes.
I still have buddies up there in Fayetteville and I hope they're okay.
Whenever it rains I praise the Lord for my newfound homestead.
I guess God wanted me to endure the trials and tribulations of camping so I could enlighten others.
I'm just very blessed now.
Pray for the relatives of the unfortunate Caddo Gap campers.
May they rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment