Friday, June 18, 2010

Failure to communicate

So who said, "What we've got here is (a) failure to communicate" in the 1967 film "Cool Hand Luke"?
Punctuation wise I may be incorrect, but the answer is Strother Martin, The Captain, the imperious prison warden.
Luke, the reprobate inmate portrayed by Paul Newman later remarked, "What we've got here is a failure to communicate."
That famous line describes my frustration in not being able to communicate with some of my tenants who only speak Espanol.
Indeed, one of them skipped out and moved without paying rent.
And another one is playing dodge.
Now I've got to communicate my frustration to him.
So I'm going to seek a translation aid and let him know in no uncertain terms that he must pay to play (figure of speech) or extricate himself from his humble abode.
He's awaiting approval to move into a house.
But he keeps telling me through his church friends that he's moving to a Lindsey-owned house.
I don't care.
Every Lindsey-owned property is its own entity with separate bank accounts.
Oh, well, just another day in paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment