Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Support network

All God's children need someone they can lean on.
Lately I've been dealing with adversity, but not by myself like I used to.
I've got a lot of God's children supporting me.
God answers prayers through his networking of friends helping friends.
No matter where I go I meet people who interconnect their lives with me because of my positive attitude and friendly disposition.
I inherited that from my saints of parents who I eulogized in very sacred ceremonies.
I remember after my mother's funeral I heard someone say, "That was a very beautiful service."
I cried inner tears because I knew my mother was proud of me.
Likewise when I gave a eulogy at my father's funeral, the church was jam packed and I was a tad nervous but God was with me.
As we sat in the hearse after the funeral ceremony, rite, my brother said, "David, that was a very good eulogy you gave."
And I thought that was the end all and be all of me ever giving a public oration again.
Nada.
When one of my best friends of all time Berry Williams passed I went into a black funeral home in the Arkansas Delta and gave another emotional tribute to a friend.
I connected with people who didn't know me from the Congolese in Africa.
But they clapped at the end.
God speaks to us if we will just seek his guidance.
He cares and he appreciates our prayers of asking him for help.
There's a chain interlocking all of our lives.
It all starts and ends with God.
Yesterday when I was a little despondent about my having to evict some friends from this complex and then receiving the audit results, a man from our corporate headquarters who is in Quality Control came by to lend a sympathetic ear.
That was a message from God that if you do the right thing and say the right things, you will always have support from God's children.
Bless God and all of his interacting supportive friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment