Friday, March 26, 2010

Comfort zone

When does one reach his comfort zone?
As we trudge along seeking a new identity after enduring some slings and arrows of outrageous misfortune, it's comforting to meet new friends and helpmates amongst our new employers who will guide and direct us into a new dimension. A new comfort zone.
At first we live in a land of confusion on the first few days of our new expedition into the land of apartment managerialship.
Then, when we have the thrill of victory, i.e. renting our first apartment to a tenant who appreciates us and our optimistic and helpful attitude, a bond has been successfully accomplished.
We're approaching a comfort zone.
Never in the past few years have I experienced the overwhelming zeal of a new challenge.
Now I have full time employment.
I have a very comfortable bed to sleep in.
I have a very good support staff of employers who sincerely care about me and my future.
They want me to succeed because they've glimpsed my personality and see a spark of zest which will translate into bonding with future tenants.
My goal is to fill this place up and then I'll qualify for bonuses.
I'm not into materialistic benefits.
I seek spiritual enlightenment with the people I work with and the tenants I serve.
I want to be remembered as a nice guy who also served as a quality manager who cared about the welfare of his fellow neighbors who just happen to rent from him.
I want my comfort zone to be their comfort zone.
We can all be warm and cozy here as we traverse down life's highway.
We are family!
Indeed, when my friend Berry Williams passed on Jan. 20 I bravely and spiritually commemorated his loving spirit with that We Are Family outlook.
Now I must invoke that with my fellow inhabitants in this friendly little comfort zone we call home.
Not bad for a guy who didn't know where his next real home would be.
My home used to be an abandoned house, or a tent on a hillside.
But now I have a real home and I'm engaging in a comfort zone beyond belief.

No comments:

Post a Comment