Monday, March 22, 2010

confidence

Confidence is in the minds of the beholder.
Initially I lack confidence when boldly going where I've never gone before.
So, today I've built up a modicum of confidence in myself as a manager.
I flew solo on my new job and enjoyed motivating my assistant and handling a prospective tenant.
Once a person gains confidence he can be self-motivating.
Handling adversity provides a backdrop of optimism in handling the next adverse circumstance.
If I can overcome a skunk invading my homestead then I should be able to cope with almost any adverse circumstance imaginable.
Indeed, a nice lady today desired to move into an apartment but she disdained the odor of cigarettes.
So, I sought advice and sprayed her future domicile with a mint-scented disinfectant designed specifically to combat pet odor.
Hopefully my friends gave me the best advice.
But like a wise man once said if you don't know the answer to something go to someone more experienced.
Sometimes in the past I was filled with stubborn hubris and thought I had to do everything on my own.
Finally after struggling to survive with just me, myself and I to rely on for guidance I came to the realization that teamwork of everyone who participates will generate better results and solutions to problems with simple answers.
I don't know how to turn on a hot water heater but I know someone who does.
There is no I in team.

No comments:

Post a Comment