Wednesday, March 24, 2010

homelessness

Now I can truthfully say I enjoy homemoreness.
More than less I am home.
In fact I enjoy homemostness.
More than likely I savor homeallness.
They say, "Don't take your job home with you."
I say, "My home is my job."
Indeed, my apartment serves as my office and my home.
It's challenging to sustain a fastidious kitchen and bathroom.
My kitchen is a showcase 'cause whenever anyone comes to the office my kitchen adjoins the office.
And whenever needs to go do No. 1 or No. 2 they utilize my lavatory.
In the past I personified Oscar Madison of "The Odd Couple."
No, I did't win any oscars for my Madisonian slobbery.
But now I'm inculcating a new persona as an apartment manager who must glisten when tenants or prospective tenants enter my realm.
I'm not pristine but personable.
So I'm turning over a new leaf in a new chapter of my life.
I'm enjoying new adventures and foregoing misadventures.
The old me learned lessons the hard way.
Now the highway leads to high goals and aspirations.
My heart pines for indigents.
I've been there and done that.
God chose me to enlighten.
I documented and wrote about homelessness. I lived that lifestyle. I persevered.
But once while two newfound friends were putting up a tent for me to reside, one reminisced about the movie "Heartbreak Ridge."
Clint Eastwood opined, "Persevere. Adapt. Overcome."
In a nutshell that's what I accomplished.
I persevered my trials and tribulations forlornly but without sacrificing my human dignity.
I adapted like a chameleon and drifted along in a hoboesque mileu amidst the woodsmen.
Now I've overcome!!!
New York Mayor John Lindsey appeased the blacks in the ghettoes of his Big Apple following the tragic assassination of Martin Luther King.
While Los Angeles burned, Lindsey strolled hand-in-hand with his comrades singing, "We shall overcome."
Indeed I overcame and now I'm living the lifestyle, "Don't Worry, Be Happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment