Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cinco de Mayo

We had a blast at our Cinco de Mayo fiesta.
I printed out the significance of the date in Espanol and it created quite an interesting scenario for the little tykes.
They all got sticks and were ready to go to war!!
On May 5, 1862, Mexico defeated an army of Napoleon Bonaparte's from France, even though they were outnumbered.
The feisty Mexicans were ready to combat any and all comers last night.
I needed a good laugh like that because I was under a lot of stress to send my books from April to corporate headquarters. I was told three different ways to do it and they all failed.
Finally I was about to stress out.
But, a former manager here gave the correct instructions and it went smoothly.
The fourth time was the charm.
My supervisor ran in here and I predict she had been chewed out because I told my boss Rob I was stressing from her stress and really didn't want to talk to her for awhile.
I wrote her an apology today and received a nice reply.
She said I'm doing a good job of recruiting tenants but need to do a better job as a bookkeeper.
I enforced a no drinking policy and that turned some Hispanics off.
We didn't have any WASPS there but me.
One of the senoritas wants to get to know me more intimately but there's a major language barrier which I've had to deal with once before.
A good time was had by all.
Feliz Cinco de Mayo.

No comments:

Post a Comment