Saturday, May 22, 2010

Trauma drama

Just when you thought everything was hunky dory trauma drama boils over.
I envisioned a quiet weekend.
Wrong.
One of my tenants is moving because of water damage to his carpet and he needs a bigger apartment for his growing family.
His girl friend blessed him with a little girl and they desire a bigger abode.
So he goes out and finds a bigger apartment.
But he also calls our corporate office to complain about the water damage.
They call me and want to know what the heck is going on.
Then he comes in and says he wants to transfer.
Business wise we can't transfer deposits from one complex to another.
It's a complexity.
Because each complex is its own entity.
So he must pay the applicable application fee and deposit at the other complex plus settle up with us on liquidated damages, i.e. rent due on his existing lease here.
That's not all the trauma drama I'm dealing with.
I listened to my message machine and a tenant said the cops kicked in her door and it needs repairs which she will pay.
Oh, my gosh!
This is not the quiet weekend I had hoped for.
Normally at this point in the month it's peaceful and calm.
Just another day in paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment