Monday, May 17, 2010

It ain't easy

A friend used to say, "It ain't easy being sleazy."
Well, I can reiterate that fact.
I feel like a sleazy guy for what I did to my friend Mike.
But I forewarned him on numerous occasions that I could get fired if an auditor came to our apartment complex and started prying into my affairs of state.
So, he's gone on to wherever.
It was ironic that I saw him twice Friday after the dirty deeds done dirt cheap.
I put a notice on his door telling him he wasn't welcome on the property or else he would be criminally trespassing.
I told him when I saw him walking that he had better obey my wishes, or else.
He came back and waved at me and said okay.
I guess he thought he could get away with it even longer, but I wasn't taking any chances, especially after I found out he'd already found another place to live.
So he was playing me like a fool.
It's history and life goes on.
I've received plaudits for my actions.
I will have to account for my actions with my superiors but I know I did the right thing.

1 comment:

  1. David as you well know it is not always easy doing the right things and sometimes it is not easy having done the wrong things and saying you were wrong. Most things have got to be decided on the spot and at that moment. Most things if we look back on we would have done the same things at the time. There are lots of variables that change during the time that a deed was done and the future, and so it is always good to learn from your past but move on and not dwell on the wrongs too much. My life is but a span and so I'll do the best I can.

    ReplyDelete