Saturday, May 29, 2010

Extracurricular activities

Whew!
Just when I thought everything was going to be cool, calm and collected all heck broke loose.
I was finalizing a lease and feeling groovy.
An ex-policeman was helping his son get settled and he asked me why the Rogers police were here.
Uh, oh!
Then he went and talked to the police and came back to report two people had been arrested and it was alcohol related.
There goes my comfort zone for this weekend.
I should have known don't take anything for granted.
Just go with the flow.
Or flow with the go.
Whatever.
Now I have to be Sherlock Holmsian or Columbusesque or just David Lanier the apartment manager and find out what the heck is going on in our peaceful little community.
Why can't things be hunky dory?
Because domestic disputes lead to angry neighbors who call 911.
Oh, well, I've got to earn my money somehow besides just sitting behind a desk and taking people's rent and thinking this is a gravy train of a job.
The gravy sometimes spills out and you have to clean it up.
This will be a memorable Memorial Day weekend but not how I originally envisioned it.

No comments:

Post a Comment