Sunday, April 11, 2010

Baptism

God works in miraculous ways!
God blesses us every day.
But we must acknowledge his blessings and praise him faithfully and forthrightly.
Today I took two "showers" of blessings.
I initially showered for church and then was immersed in his Holy Spirit by being baptized.
I wanted to say my hero, my mentor Jesus of Nazareth was baptized by his cousin John the Baptist. My cousin Stewart Lanier in Massachusetts couldn't be here today but my friend Tommy Hinson will be baptizing me.
Interestingly another friend from the past Pedro was baptized too.
Then I saw two friends Henry and Brad witnessing.
They had already gone to their church and were there for moral and friendly support.
Both have aided me in my transition from homeless to apartment manager.
I was thrilled to be sitting with them in church this morning.
I have a new beginning thanks to their generosity and God's blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment