Saturday, April 3, 2010

easter

Did the Easter Bunny die on a cross for you and me?
Did Jesus celebrate Santa Claus' birthday?
Did the Pilgrims celebrate Thanksgiving in a teepee on a reservation?
No.
No.
No.
What is our heritage?
Jesus died on a cross and was resurrected three days later.
Santa Claus depended on a red-nosed reindeer.
There were no microwaves when the Pilgrims chomped down on leftovers.
And Abraham Lincoln never watched television. He was too busy reading books by the light of a coal-stoked heater.
Everything is relative.
What's it all about Alfie?
Who's hiding Osama Bin Laden?
Not the relatives of Saddam Hussein (yes he was insane) in Iraq?
They hung him and it wasn't on a cross.
Now.
The answer my friend is blowing in the wind.
Bob Dylan sang that one.
All I can do is be the antithesis of right and wrong.
I'm not a copycat.
I'm just a jestful joker a few days after April Fool's Day.
Have a merry Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment