Saturday, April 17, 2010

Squirrely day

Just another day in paradise.
Saturday began like it was going to be a very boring, mundane, lackluster day.
Then a bizarre interlude.
A tenant told us someone had drilled a squirrel onto the balcony of her building and she didn't want her granddaughter to see the bloody mess.
My maintenance guru went over to tend to the situation.
He returned and asked me to provide assistance by holding a garbage bag open.
I'm not into blood and guts.
I'm squeamish.
So I showed him how he could attend to the scenario without my intervention.
Then I recruited another future tenant.
We're down to two apartments that haven't been leased on my side of the street.
Since I've been here we've turned the keys on eight new leasees.
I praise the Lord for his giving me these blessings.
My paycheck included 42 hours of overtime, so I'm going to celebrate tonight by eating ribs with a friend who lost her husband in January.
She's been bored and not been out in the public since.
Berry would be proud of us tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment