Thursday, April 29, 2010

Inconveniences

Today has been a day filled with inconveniences and the natives are restless.
I'm earning my pay today dealing with numerous faux pas.
First SWEPCO shut off our power to install a new transformer.
Then our water got shut off because of a leak in an apartment.
I had to call Razor Rooter last night and then Res Con to dry and clean the carpet.
Customers are querying me about how long the water will be off.
Ernest Hemingway once wrote about how one is judged when adversity strikes.
One must display grace under pressure to endure and succeed in handling life's little traumas.
One must not worry oneself to death over circumstances out of one's control.
Two of my most traumatic experiences occurred when I was sleeping around.
One night I came to an abandoned house I had been snoozing in and it was a pile of bricks.
I went to the Walton Arts Center and slept there a couple of nights until the automatic sprinkler system cascaded on me.
Another time Pepe LePew entered my domain uninvited.
I guess if I can handle those twin inconveniences I can handle just about anything.
Just another day in paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment