Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Optimism

Larry McMurtry let you be my guide.
"Optimism is a form of courage."
The day began inopportunistically.
A tenant vamoosed.
I hopped on it with aplomb.
I did all the right things.
Then when I started feeling glum.
I get a message someone is interested in our apartment complex.
I called him.
He lives in Houston.
He's very interested in moving here and meeting me because I called him instaneously.
Wow!
Then I saw another message on the Internet and a lady is coming to tour Friday.
Hopefully by being optimistic and courageous I might be able to attract some future tenants.
I can't control the destiny of anyone, but I might be influential in their decision-making.
Likewise, a man told me yesterday he wanted to move out.
At first he was told he would be breaking his lease with us if he moved out when he said he would.
Then I told him he could move to another property owned by the man who sold the property the mall is located on.
Today he came back and said he wanted to move to another of our complexes.
He shook my hand and said Thanks.
So, I feel like I'm helping people out in their toughest times of decision making.
God makes a difference in our lives.
But we too can try and give people good advice.
Thanks, God, for helping me help others cope.
When one of my best friends of all time died I was told he said once, "If I ever go on the TV show, "So, you want to be a millionaire, I would call David to help me out as my lifeline."
Thank you, Berry.
Thank you, God, for helping me be a nice guy with class who wants to help people out no matter the circumstances.
Indeed, optimism is a form of courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment